Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rolling Along, Training-Wheel Style


I am noticing that the first year of life is all about firsts. Our son crawled for the first time the other day. Coincidentally, it was the same day I had a first of my own. I rode my bike to work.

My husband and I expressed some concern that he was not crawling yet. The pediatrician checked out his tiny arms and legs. His head and back and declared physically he was ready, but he needed the courage to do it.


So the day I found my extra courage to do something I knew physically I was capable of, but scared to do, he did the same.


Sure, this could be a fluke. Or maybe a reminder that he isn’t the only one in our family having some firsts and growth spurts. It sure it a whole lot easier to try something hard when someone else is stretching themselves right their along with you.

No comments: