Friday, August 8, 2008

Tiny can be taxing

I had a baby July 22. The physical act of having the baby is challenging and exhausting. The act of living with and parenting a baby seems somehow more difficult than those seemingly endless contractions. I believe it is a torture tactic to have sleep interrupted over and over again. One day turns into several days and then weeks have gone by and I am still wearing my pajamas and am unclear the last time I have showered or eaten.

I am currently looking into a drug habit of any kind of uppers. This is the only way I see getting through this.
The saving grace is that my husband and I have a stunning and healthy baby. He already seems far more intelligent than we are. I am hoping that he will act as both a tax write-off and our accountant by next April.

2 comments:

S said...

What a cutie. I have no doubt that he will be intelligent, curious and creative. Not to mention hairy.

S said...

BTW - that first comment was from me.
- Susan