Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who Could Mommy Be?

I have a holiday gift idea for the dysfunctional child in your life. Who Could Mommy Be? Paper Dolls. This is how I picture mine:
Outfit #1 Ina Garten. I would "sit" in her sunny South Hampton kitchen (she wouldn’t be sitting because she is a paper doll) and she would be cooking me luscious meals and speaking calmly to me about how the best quality ingredients make the for the best tasting dishes.
Outfit #2 Or she could be a Detroit City council woman. Dressing in colorful African wraps….hair piled up confidently on her head….she speaks with passion…and exudes the warmth of a favorite sweater.
Outfit #3 Or just the women you see at the grocery in non descript clothes….soft and clean…no makeup…no hair color…no nail polish…no jewelry. Her breasts and stomach have met making a comfortable shelf for hugging.
For Christmas 2009, Who Could Daddy Be? Paper Dolls.

No comments: